The Temple of the Sacred Family, one of the
major symbols of the Roma district, started
being built in 1910 by the architect Manuel
Gorozpe and the engineer Miguel Rebolledo,
and was sponsored by the Jesuit
congregation. After a period of inactivity,
the Parrish was inaugurated on November 19
1925, date in which its tower and clock were
given their blessing.
This temple reflects several styles
fashionable in the early 20th
Century, among which we can find elements of
the neo-Romanesque, neo-Gothic and eclectic
styles that manage to come together
harmoniously in this place.
One of the most outstanding aspects of this
temple are its beautiful stained glass
windows, which were made by the Italian
company Talleri, and in which we can observe
representations of different Bible passages
and the mysteries of the Christian faith.